—King Solomon, Proverbs 12:10
“…respect and honor the pigness of the pig and the chickenness of the chicken.”
—Joel Salatin, Farmer and Author
If you know the joys of farm life, you know how important it is to take good care of your animals.
What you may not know is that Essential Oils can provide quality, all-natural support for your animals.
In this Class, you’ll pick up a barn-full of ideas, tips, and recipes to help your cows, chickens, goats, rabbits, and more.
Let’s start with a few general principles for using Essential Oils with animals.
When introducing Oils to your animals, allow them to smell the oil first. You can do this with the cap off or on.
As animals, such as cattle or goats, are free to roam the countryside as herbivores, it is thought that they naturally seek out and consume plants that can best improve their health.
As such, livestock in general are naturally very receptive to oils, and often love all of them!
TIPS FOR USING ESSENTIAL OILS WITH ANIMALS
• Self Selection: allow your animal to choose which oil they like.
• Introduce the oil initially by smelling the oil from the bottle.
• Positive Results may be subtle: be observant but let them tell you “yes” or “no” with their behavior.
• A “yes” may be licking, chewing, or trying to take the bottle from you. (Do not let them take the bottle from you.)
• A “no” may be simply turning their head away, walking away, backing up, or other negative behavior.
• Many animals also have “neutral” responses, where they seem to be indifferent to the oil. So if it is an oil you want to use with your animal for a specific reason, you’ll be glad to know that such oils are safe to use.
• Always observe your animal’s behavior when applying a new oil.
QUESTION – DO YOU OWN ANY LIVESTOCK? HOW MANY AND WHICH ANIMALS?